Coolest Christmas Sayings and Quotes
Here is a selection of great Christmas sayings that can serve as inspiration during the holiday season.
- Are you willing to forget what you have done for other people, and to remember what other people have done for you … to remember the weakness and loneliness of people who are growing old … Are you willing to believe that love is the strongest thing in the world … stronger than hate, stronger than evil, stronger than death… Then you can keep Christmas! But you can never keep it alone.
– Henry van Dyke (“Keeping Christmas” in The Spirit of Christmas)
- Christmas is not just a day, an event to be observed and speedily forgotten. It is a spirit, which should permeate every part of our lives. – William Parks (Missions)
- My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?
– Bob Hope
- Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered. What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.” – Phyllis Diller
- “The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn’t for any religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin.” – Jay Leno
- Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday. – Gladys Tabor (Still Cove Journal)
- Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect. – Oren Arnold
- What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. – Agnes M. Pharo
- It comes every year and will go on forever. And along with Christmas belong the keepsakes and the customs. Those humble, everyday things a mother clings to, and ponders, like Mary in the secret spaces of her heart. – Marjorie Holmes
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. – Burton Hillis (Better Homes and Gardens)
- Instead of being a time of unusual behavior, Christmas is perhaps the only time in the year when people can obey their natural impulses and express their true sentiments without feeling self-conscious and, perhaps, foolish. Christmas, in short, is about the only chance a man has to be himself. – Francis C. Farley
- It is the personal thoughtfulness, the warm human awareness, the reaching out of the self to one’s fellow man that makes giving worthy of the Christmas spirit.
– Isabel Currier
- Are you willing to believe that love is the strongest thing in the world – stronger than hate, stronger than evil, stronger than death – and that the blessed life which began in Bethlehem nineteen hundred years ago is the image and brightness of the Eternal Love? Then you can keep Christmas. – Henry Van Dyke
- The outdoor Christmas lights, green and red and gold and blue and twinkling, remind me that most people are that way all year round — kind, generous, friendly and with an occasional moment of ecstasy. But Christmas is the only time they dare reveal themselves. – Harlan Miller
- Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It’s lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It’s higher thought and a greater plan. It’s glorious dream in the soul of man.
– Wilfred A. Peterson (The Art of Living)
- Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance – each beautiful, unique and too soon gone. – Deborah Whipp
- Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home! – Charles Dickens
- I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph. – Shirley Temple
- Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we’ll be seeing six or seven. – W.C. Fields
- Christmas: When you exchange hellos with strangers and good buys with friends.
- The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. – George Carlin
- Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day. – Helen Steiner Rice
- If there is no joyous way to give a festive gift, give love away.
- He who has no Christmas in his heart will never find Christmas under a tree. – Sunshine Magazine
- Christmas is the one time of year when people of all religions come together to worship Jesus Christ. – Bart Simpson
- Christmas … is not an eternal event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart. – Freya Stark
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. – Charles Dickens
- It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. – W. T. Ellis
- Only in souls the Christ is brought to birth, And there He lives and dies. – Alfred Noyes
- Christmas is a time when you get homesick – even when you’re home. – Carol Nelson
- There has been only one Christmas – the rest are anniversaries. – W.J. Cameron
- Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall. – Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas
- From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it. – Katharine Whitehorn
- Remember, this December, that love weighs more than gold! – Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
- Roses are reddish
Violets are bluish
If it weren’t for Christmas
We’d all be Jewish.
– Benny Hill
- Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money. – Unknown
- If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, wouldn’t it be a Merry Christmas? – Don Meredith
- The one-thing women don’t want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband. – Joan Rivers
- You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger. – Robert Paul
- Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone. – Charles Schulz
Take a look at this cool page for more Christmas sayings and quotes…