Christmas Quotes and Sayings
Here is a selection of great Christmas quotes. During the Christmas season you can make lots of use with these quotes, like adding them to a Christmas greeting, etc.
- There are two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
– Albert Einstein
- The means to gain happiness
is to throw out from oneself,
like a spider,
in all directions,
an adhesive web of love,
and to catch in it
all that comes.
– Leo Tolstoy
- And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. – Dr. Seuss
- Have you any old grudges you would like to pay,
Any wrongs laid up from a bygone day?
Gather them now and lay them away
When Christmas comes.
Hard thoughts are heavy to carry, my friend,
And life is short from beginning to end;
Be kind to yourself, leave nothing to mend
When Christmas comes.
– William Lytle (“When Christmas Comes”)
- Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat,
Please to put a penny in an old man’s hat;
If you haven’t got a penny a ha’penny will do,
If you haven’t got a ha’penny, God bless you.”
– Mother Goose, old English saying
- Somehow, not only for Christmas,
But all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others,
Is the joy that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing,
The poor and lonely and sad,
The more of your heart’s possessing,
Returns to you glad.
– John Greenleaf Whittier
- God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith;
the warmth of Christmas, which is love;
the radiance of Christmas, which is purity;
the righteousness of Christmas, which is justice;
the belief in Christmas, which is truth;
the all of Christmas, which is Christ.
– Wilda English
- If we think of our heart,
rather than our purse,
as the reservoir
of our giving,
we shall find it
full all the time!
– David Dunn
- Christmas – that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance – a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved. – Augusta E. Rundel
- The merry family gatherings – The old, the very young; The strangely lovely way they Harmonize in carols sung. For Christmas is tradition time – Traditions that recall The precious memories down the years, The sameness of them all.
– Helen Lowrie Marshall
- The only blind person at Christmastime is he who has not Christmas in his heart. – Helen Keller
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas. – Dale Evans
- It is not the gift, but the thought that counts. -Van Dyke
- The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much. – Henry David Thoreau
- It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty founder was a child himself. – Charles Dickens
- From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another; the warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. – Emily Matthews
- Christmas is the day that holds all time together. – Alexander Smith
- May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; The spirit of Christmas which is peace; The heart of Christmas which is love. – Ada V. Hendricks
- Christmas is the keeping-place for memories of our innocence. – Joan Mills
- There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus. – Bob Phillips
- One of the nice things about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with a present.
- I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included – Bernard Manning
- Bloody Christmas, here again, Let us raise a loving cup, Peace on earth, goodwill to men, And make them do the washing up.
- People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.
- Christmas is a race to see which gives out first – your money or your feet.
- That’s the true spirit of Christmas; people being helped by people other than me.– Jerry Seinfeld
- Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand to hand.
- Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want and their kids pay for it. – Richard Lamm
- I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. – Harlan Miller
- The earth has grown old with its burden of care,
But at Christmas it always is young. – Phillips Brooks
- Of course, this is the season to be jolly, but it is also a good time to be thinking about those who aren’t. – Helen Valentine
- This time of year means being kind to everyone we meet,
To share a smile with strangers we may pass along the street. – Betty Black (“This Time of Year”)
- We should try to hold on to the Christmas spirit, not just one day a year, but all 365. – Mary Martin
- May peace and plenty be the first to lift the latch on your door, And happiness be guided to your home by the candle of Christmas! – Irish Blessing
- Heap on the wood! – The wind is chill; But let it whistle as it will, We’ll keep our Christmas merry still. – Sir Walter Scott
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. – Calvin Coolidge
- Let’s approach Christmas with an expectant hush, rather than a last-minute rush.
- It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you…yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand. – Mother Teresa
Click here for more great Christmas quotes and sayings…