Behind every holiday party there's a special story.
A "party-tale" full of inspiring ideas and colorful photos that bring your party's story to life.
You've gone to great lengths to throw the coolest party, now it's time to tell (and show) us your very own "party-tale". And just think of it, the energy you invested into the party will be shared with others and come back right at you when you're in need of a few great ideas.
Just look at this site - lots of the ideas and photos you'll find here are shared by visitors like yourself. And it's here, with so many cool ideas and tips at your fingertips, growing by the day, for free forever, to enjoy and find inspiration from.
Only submissions with BOTH IDEAS AND PHOTOS will be eligible to win. Try writing a complete theme as in the examples provided here:
Melissa's Knights Party Tale (Grand Prize Winner)
Mario Brothers Party Tale (Grand Prize Winner)
Rebecca's Dinosaur Party Tale (Runner Up)
Sesame Street 1st Party Tale (Runner Up)
Araceli's Wild West Party Tale (Runner Up)
- You can enter as many Party Tale submissions as you wish.
- When you write the party ideas, just let them flow without worrying about editing them. The more info you share, the easier it'll be for others to enjoy and find inspiration from your ideas. A detailed writeup will increase your chances of winning a prize! For instance, tell us how you made your invitations and what you wrote, the decorations you used, the food served, favors you made, games you played and anything else you think others will find useful.
- Photos bring your holiday party ideas to life and add a personal flavor to this world of cyber anonymity. Send as many photos as you'd like - but make sure you choose the coolest photos. (Don't forget to include photos of the guests in action and not just decorations!) The more cool photos you send the better your chances are.
- Each photo must be original - yours, a family member's, etc...
- Also send any accompanying graphics, invitations, coloring pages, etc... that you've used and that you think will help others in planning and carrying out their own holiday party. Just like those you'll find in Donna's Cowboy Party-Tale...
- If you have a short video clip from your party and you think that it'll in some way help get your ideas across, send over a link to the video on YouTube
or any other video-sharing site (We love featuring videos of your party. It's important that you know that if you send us a link to an online video, like YouTube for instance, we will re-upload the video through our http://www.youtube.com/coolestparties channel to ensure that the link to the video won't ever break when it's featured on our site.)
- Party ideas must be written in your own words and not copied from any other source.
Preparing Your Images
Preparing your party pictures for our gallery will help us get it online faster and also make your party look its best.
Resizing your images: Your party photo will be automatically resized once you upload it. However, we suggest that you crop and resize your images beforehand so that you ensure your party photo looks exactly the way you want it. It's best to resize your photo to 400 pixels width. When resizing the width, make sure to keep the 'aspect ratio' of the height so that the image isn't distorted.
Cropping your images: To crop your image so that your photo is right in the center and as large as can be, you can use your own photo editor (such as Photoshop) or this easy-to-use online photo editor.
Here is an example of an image before and after being cropped:
Before being cropped...
After being cropped...
Sending MORE than FOUR photos and additional files: The form below enables you to send up to four photos. If you feel your Party deserves more than four photos, you can send additional photos to coolestparties[at]gmail.com (remember to add all your info to the email so we know to connect it to your Party Tale submission).
Important: Don't forget to add your email address on the next page (after pressing the "Submit" button below) so that:
- We can send you a confirmation email when your Party Tale has been approved.
- You can receive updates when visitors ask questions or comment on your Party Tale.
- We can notify you if your Party Tale is among our contest winners (If you don't provide your email address your Party Tale will still be added to the site, but won't be included in the contest because we won't have any way of contacting you...)
Submit Your "Party Tales" Here
Sending more than one photo: The form below enables you to upload up to four photos. If you'd like to send in more photos, please send the photos to coolestpartiesatgmail.com. Remember to include your name and any other info that'll help us.
By submitting your photos and writeups you grant Coolest-Holiday-Parties.com permission to republish, alter and create derivatives in any and all media whatsoever.
If the form does not function please send your party writeup along with the photos attached to email: coolestpartiesatgmail.com